Tuesday, June 5, 2007

What weapons has the Lion but himself?

Here are some pithy words that I hold very dear... words that, you might say, I live my life by... God, that sounds so pretentious...hehe. Anyway, while nowhere close to being the complete set of my "guiding principles", this will do as a starter! :)

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
- Maya Angelou


"The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"What weapons has the Lion but himself?"
- John Keats

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe."
- Anatole France


"The first duty of society is to give each of its members the possibility of fulfilling his destiny. When it becomes incapable of performing this duty it must be transformed."
- Alexis Carrel,
Reflections on Life

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note."
- Doug Floyd

"A boy doesn't have to go to war to be a hero; he can say he doesn't like pie when he sees there isn't enough to go around."
- Edward W. Howe

"As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy."
- Abraham Lincoln

"If you can come to peace with the fact that you're surrounded by idiots, you'll realize that resistance is futile,your tension will dissipate, and you can sit back and have a good laugh at the expense of others."
- Scott Adams,
The Dilbert Principle

No comments: